Disney+ Hotstar announces new subscription plans with access to all content
- The new Disney+ Hotstar plans focus on devices similar to Netflix.
- It is introducing a mobile-only plan priced at ₹499 per year.
- Disney+ Hotstar is also offering access to all content irrespective of the plan.
The new Disney+ Hotstar’s subscription plans will now start at ₹499 per year. This one will be a mobile-only subscription plan and it will support HD streaming. Netflix also offers a mobile-only plan priced at ₹199 per month. The second ‘Super’ subscription plan will cost ₹899 per year, and it will support two devices and HD content. The price of the third subscription plan remains the same at ₹1,499 per year. This ‘Premium’ plan will support four devices, and 4K streaming. The highlight of the new Disney+ Hotstar plans is that subscribers will be able to access all content on the platform.
Disney+ Hotstar older plans
AdvertisementThe older Disney+ Hotstar’s subscription plans focused on content wherein only the premium yearly plan priced at ₹1,499 offered access to all content. This includes English shows and Disney+ shows and originals in English, 4K content, and support for two screens. With the new subscription plans, Disney+ Hotstar is discontinuing the VIP and premium plans priced at ₹399 per year and ₹299 per month, respectively.
Disney+ Hotstar announced the new plans as it revealed its latest lineup of upcoming content. It announced new and returning season of Hotstar Specials series like Aarya and City of Dreams. It also announced new movies and teased upcoming cricket tournaments including the IPL 2021 and ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
Disney+ Hotstar strengthens its content offering to attract new users as cricket lovers get ready for Vivo IPL 2021
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Motorola launches 'Moto G31' smartphone with OLED display, starting at ₹12,999
- Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing plant, targets 400k electric scooters annually
- LIC to raise stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank to nearly 10%
- Star Health IPO is asking for five times the price that Rakesh Jhunjhunwala paid in 2018
- ExoMiner, a new machine learning method helped discover 301 exoplanets