Domino's has launched a physical button you push to order pizza
The pizza chain is releasing a number of physical buttons to social media competition winners in the UK from December.The button, which looks like a miniature pizza box, works by pairing with the Domino's app over Bluetooth. Customers need to register their details - including their name, address, and their favorite order - and the pizza will be on its way every time they press the button, which is powered by technology company FLIC.Advertisement
In an emailed press release, Domino's Pizza Group sales and marketing director Simon Wallis says: "The Domino's app has been downloaded over 10 million times and 75 per cent of our orders are now online. We also know that our customers love innovation, which further improves the ease of ordering such as our Pizza Tracker. With this in mind we challenged our tech wizards to go a step further and create the one-stop Easy Order. We've had a lot of fun creating the Easy Order and hope our customers will love it too."
Back in May, Domino's introduced a "tweet to order" system in the US that allowed customers to place direct orders for pizza on Twitter using a pizza emoji.
- Odisha's COVID-19 tally crosses 9,000-mark, death toll rises to 36
- Delhi gets 10,000-bed COVID care centre; LG says it will play crucial role in fight against pandemic
- Rural markets faring better than urban centres amid coronavirus pandemic: Maruti Suzuki
- COVID-19: Six fresh fatalities in Rajasthan
- Puducherry coronavirus tally shoots up to 946 with 43 new cases