Election results 2019: Both Shatrughan Sinha and his wife Poonam are trailing
- Union Telecom Minister
Ravi Shankar Prasadhas nearly 60% of the votes in Patna Sahib.
- Prasad was pitted against actor-turned politician Shatrughan Sinha, who recently quit the BJP.
- Shatrughan Sinha is representing the Congress while his wife Poonam is fighting for the Samajwadi Party in UP against Union Home Minister
Sinha who is trailing with 35% of the votes has been a Parliamentarian from the same constituency for 10 years now. However, he went on to join the Congress in April 2019, while his wife,
Poonam Sinha is pitted against another central minister, Rajnath Singh, in Lucknow and she is trailing too.
- Uttarakhand's Covid-19 tally increases to 802— Dehradun accounts for 25 fresh cases
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19
- AP records single day largest spurt of 110 COVID-19 cases;
- Singapore gears up to exit circuit breaker from Monday, reports 518 new coronavirus cases