Elon Musk Is Donating $10 Million To Keep Killer Robots From Taking Over The World
The CEO of SpaceX and Tesla donated $10 million to the Future Of Life Institute on Thursday to help keep artificial intelligence and robots of the future beneficial.The Future Of Life Institute, a non-profit organization founded by scientists that describes itself as "working to mitigate existential risks facing humanity," will give out Musk's donation to researchers.
Anyone from academics to people working in the tech industry can apply, as long as they have good ideas about how to make artificial intelligence work for the betterment of society.Musk, who previously said artificial intelligence is "potentially more dangerous than nukes," can rest easy for now. Most of the money he's donated will go to researchers focused on artificial intelligence, and the rest will go to AI research "involving other fields such as economics, law, ethics, and policy," according to the Institute's website.
In a YouTube video announcing his decision to donate to the Future of Life Institute, Musk said, "There should probably be a much larger amount of money applied to AI safety in multiple ways." At the very least, his donation is a start.Here's his tweet from Thursday, announcing his donation:
- Pidilite shares surge as the 61-year old company acquires Araldite maker for ₹2,100 crore
- Chennai lashed with rainfall, many roads waterlogged
- Pinterest stock soars 23% as the social media platform garners 442 million global monthly active users
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023