Elon Musk had a hilarious response when his cousin asked for a Tesla discount
Getty / Scott Olson
So it only makes sense that Lyndon Rive, SolarCity CEO and Musk's cousin, figured it was worth asking Musk for a discount on a Tesla. (Musk is also chairman of SolarCity.)
But when Rive finally got around to asking Musk for the discount, he was met with a pretty funny burn.
"I asked, 'Elon, hey can I have a family discount' and his answer is, 'Yeah absolutely. Go to TeslaMotor.com, buy the car online, and the price you see there is the family discount,'" Rive told Tech Insider. "Everyone gets a family discount."
So there you have it: Musk does not believe in preferential treatment for family members.
"I give Elon credit beyond the fact of being the best entrepreneur in the world, he treats everyone the same. Everyone. There's no nepotism at all," Rive said.
Not that the lack of a discount deterred Rive at all. Rive has a Model S and his wife has a Model X, he said.
As for how Rive feels about Musk's snarky reply?
"It's totally fair," Rive said. "For the amount of car you're getting, it's a totally fair price."
- Reliance Retail’s new lifestyle store AZORTE goes high-tech with smart trial rooms, self-checkout kiosks
- Amazon’s 2022 Hardware Event — here’s what's new on Kindle, Echos, Fire TV Cube, and Halo Rise
- Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup with back stress fracture: Report
- Meet the former Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan — the next Chief of Defence Staff
- Akash Ambani’s keeping up the family tradition of breaking into global lists
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World