Ex-Google Engineer Reveals How Google Maps Figures Out Destination Times
Most companies who do live traffic compare their predictions against actual time in traffic to tune their algorithms and data sources. The likely result of this is that the companies who have access to the best usage data (ie those who are best able to compare their predictions against reality, which means those who have the most usage) are likely to end up with the best predictions in the medium to long term.
Google may know a ton of information, but it doesn't know about the car crash that may have just happened or the school bus making multiple stops in front of you.
- Windows 11 is getting Android apps – you will soon be able to natively run PUBG Mobile and other popular Android apps and games
- Our aim is to become a billion dollar company by the end of 2022: Arvind Iyer, Cuemath
- Reliance Industries, Ashok Leyland, JSW Energy and other stocks to watch out for on June 25
- Andhra Pradesh government cancels class 10, 12 state board exams
- Sebi plans to come out with framework for SPACs to enable listing of startups on domestic stock exchanges, say sources