Facebook COO jokes that receiving a Google internship is a 'disappointment'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg gave a powerful speech on Saturday about resilience and loss.But just because the subject matter of her commencement speech at UC Berkeley was serious didn't mean she couldn't crack a few light-hearted jokes.
Everyone who has made it through Cal has already experienced some disappointment. You wanted an A but you got a B. OK, let's be honest-you got an A- but you're still mad. You applied for an internship at Facebook, but you only got one from Google. She was the love of your life… but then she swiped left. Game of Thrones the show has diverged way too much from the books-and you bothered to read all four thousand three hundred and fifty-two pages.It's a good burn, but I'm sure there are plenty of recent Cal graduates who would want to want to work at either tech giant. (Sandberg also worked at Google for seven years before Facebook.)
You can watch and read Sandberg's entire speech here.
NOW WATCH: How to see everything Google knows about you
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow