'Facebook Inc.' Actually Has 2.2 Billion Users Now - Roughly One Third Of The Entire Population Of Earth
The reason everyone underestimates Facebook is that the company is putting up such massive numbers - 1.3 billion monthly active users and nearly $3 billion in quarterly revenue. It is sometimes hard to appreciate just how truly massive Facebook is.
In reality, Facebook is probably even bigger than you think it is. The company actually has more than 2.2 billion monthly active users (MAUs) across its flagship properties:
- Facebook has 1.3 billion MAUs.
- WhatsApp has 500 million MAUs.
- Instagram has 200 million MAUs
- Messenger has 200 million MAUs.
- Total users: 2.2 billion
A year ago, Facebook reported 1.1 billion users and a few dozen million on Instagram. So the total Facebook Inc. user base has roughly doubled in a year. (Of course, many of these users are overlapping their use of more than one app.) But still - it's huge. It's the equivalent of nearly one in three of all the human beings on Earth.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg also gave us these new stats on the progress of the Facebook machine, which we gleaned from Seeking Alpha's transcript of the call:
- 12 billion messages are sent each day on Facebook
- (For reference, there are only 7 billion humans on the planet)
- 1.3 billion monthly active users are on Facebook
- 1 billion search queries are made every day on Facebook
- 1 billion people use Facebook on their phones
- 829 million people use Facebook every day
- 800 million people are connected to public figures on Facebook
- 650 million people use Facebook on mobile devices every day
- 500 million people use WhatsApp
- 200 million people use Facebook's Messenger app
- 200 million people use Instagram
- 30 million small businesses use Facebook
- 1.5 million businesses use Facebook for paid advertising
We also learned that Americans spend 40 minutes each day on Facebook and that one of every five minutes a person spends on a mobile device is on Facebook.
So if it sometimes feels like everyone is on Facebook and Facebook is taking over your life ... that's because basically, it is.
- Life insurance stocks fall up to 10% after Budget pushes for new tax regime
- Budget blow to HNIs claiming huge deductions for expensive houses
- Budget 2023: Govt proposes 100 critical projects for last-mile logistics at ₹75,000 crore
- New tax regime may not be necessarily beneficial for all taxpayers: Experts
- Pathaan's gross box office collections at ₹634 crore in 7 days