Facebook is letting businesses tag their products in photos and videos
"To provide Page admins with more tools to drive organic product discovery, we're testing the ability to tag products in photos, videos and posts," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement."Organic" discovery means that there's no paid advertising component to tagging products this way yet, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Facebook somehow monetizing the feature in the future.
A company spokesperson said that page owners with their own product catalog or shop section on Facebook will have the ability to tag products in posts.
NOW WATCH: Hidden Facebook tricks you need to know
- Paytm IPO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma may not remain the promoter of the company he founded 21 years ago
- Whether it's half a million or three million — 'low skilled' IT jobs in India are definitely at risk
- Best fitness bands for men in India in 2021
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions