Facebook is showing some of its users a strangely polite new message
When visiting Facebook recently, you may have noticed a friendly greeting that wasn't there before.
Sitting at the top of some Facebook users' news feeds recently is a polite message. It says something like: "Good morning, Maya! Thanks for being here - enjoy Facebook today."
Users are seeing the strangely pleasant message on both desktop and mobile.
They seem to have mixed responses to the new addition, which is often supplemented by a notification from Facebook's "On This Day" feature (On This Day shows you photos or status updates you posted a year ago today - it's a "this day in history" type feature).
The message looks like this:
Good morning, Facebook! Breakfast ka na.???? pic.twitter.com/F3fwLWNfaz- Farah Al Hamoui (@farahalhamoui) November 3, 2015
Aw good morning to you too Facebook pic.twitter.com/rv4RomlsSL- Gabs ? 7 (@Gxbriellemxry) October 26, 2015
People are also seeing the message at night:
...And in the afternoon:
Don't you tell me to have a good afternoon, Facebook! pic.twitter.com/xeP0EJlMrG- Brian Jakubson (@MeatheadMilitia) October 31, 2015
Facebook, which had more than a billion users every day in September, is on a tear. On Wednesday, its stock hit an all-time high after-hours after the company reported its Q3 earnings, beating analyst expectations on the top and bottom line.
(h/t The Next Web)
- Maha crisis: Sena calls floor test illegal and malafide
- GST on casinos, lotteries, horse races deferred as Nirmala Sitharaman
- Shiprocket is India’s most valuable gazelle, and all set to turn unicorn in 2 years, says report
- Zepto, Dunzo among the next 122 unicorns from India — here's the complete Hurun list
- BYJU's cuts 600 jobs across Toppr, WhiteHat Jr