Facebook is starting to let people turn off those annoying live video notifications
Facebook has been aggressively promoting its new live video feature, which is reportedly a personal "obsession" of CEO Mark Zuckerberg.But now the company seems to have recognized that not everyone wants to get a notification when BuzzFeed blows up a watermelon, or Hasbro has people dress up in costume and play Hungry Hungry Hippos. Facebook has begun to roll out the option to turn off notifications for live video, a spokesperson confirmed to BuzzFeed.
looks like you can now turn off all facebook live notifications. go to settings - notifications - live videos. pic.twitter.com/cgqLguXFTt- Teresa Hammerl (@colazioneAroma) April 21, 2016
"We are starting to roll out a new setting that lets people turn off all Live notifications, through their Notifications settings, that will be available to all people soon," a Facebook spokesperson told BuzzFeed.One of the reasons Facebook is so excited about live videos is that people comment "more than 10 times" as much on Facebook Live videos than on regular videos. But the notifications have irked some users, who have vented in places like Twitter.
- Karnataka's Covid vaccine recipient dies of heart stroke: Minister
- NIMHANS doctor on Sputnik vaccine advisory board
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases