Facebook is trying to solve one of the most annoying problems with online advertisements
It happens all the time: You go on Amazon and buy something. And then in the following months you're bombarded with ads for that item you just bought, despite the fact that you now already own it.
This is a huge problem for targeted ads, as they collect data on past behavior not future projections.I experienced this very problem when I bought an air conditioner. After making the purchase, I kept seeing ads for other air conditioners. All I could think was "Stupid advertisers! I don't need two of these!"Advertisement
Well Facebook has a new system that aims to solve this problem. For a while Facebook has given users various options for dismissing ads they don't like. It looked like this:
Business Insider reached out to Facebook to learn more about this new advertising option. We'll update if we here back.
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon