Fidelity is the latest institutional investor to trim its Tesla stake
- Fidelity has followed T. Rowe Price in trimming exposure to Tesla shares, new documents show.
- Three of Fidelity's mutual funds sold 1.4 million shares of the electric car company in the first quarter, Bloomberg reports.
- Tesla announced plans to raise up to $2 billion in debt and equity on Thursday.
Another of Tesla's largest holders trimmed its stake in the first quarter.
Three of Fidelity's mutual funds sold about 1.4 million total shares in Elon Musk's electric car company, Bloomberg reported Wednesday, citing documents posted on the company's website.
Fidelity's Blue Chip Growth Fund divested 406,000 shares, while the firm's Contrafund fund sold 172,006 shares and its OTC Portfolio Fund sold 393,800.
The divestitures by Tesla's second-largest institutional holder (behind Scottish investment firm Baillie Gifford) follow a similar move by T. Rowe Price (the third largest institutional holder) in the first quarter.
Tesla's stock price has fallen by more than 20% since January 1, as disappointing delivery and earnings prints weigh on investors minds, while forcing some Wall Street analysts to lower their price targets and downgrade the stock.
On Thursday, Tesla announced new equity and debt financing rounds that could raise the company as much as $2 billion. Musk himself has pledged to buy more equity as part of the fundraising, the company said.
The state of Tesla's investors will be made more clear in the coming weeks as large investors including hedge funds file a holdings form known as 13-F, required within 45 days of the end of a financial quarter.
More Tesla news:
- Tesla cut the price of the Model 3 in Canada so buyers can get a government tax credit
- Tesla unveils plans to raise about $2 billion
- The median Tesla employee made 81% more than the median American in 2018
- The family of an Apple engineer is suing Tesla over a deadly Autopilot crash
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- Crypto markets restless as Bitcoin ETF gears up to meet the NYSE tonight
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons