Filings show a former Motorola exec is behind Snapchat's Spectacles
Former Motorola executive Seshadri Tangutur was the contact in charge for the Spectacles project, according to new FCC filings.
Tangutur, the former Corporate VP of Software for Motorola Mobility, joined Snapchat in February 2015 after being recruited by Steve Horowitz, one of its VPs for engineering, a source told Business Insider. What the pair were doing at Snapchat has been a secret. Tangutur doesn't list his title on his LinkedIn, and Horowitz doesn't even have one.The new FCC filings link the Motorola team as part of the experienced, technical talent behind Snapchat's first push into consumer products.
Snapchat applied in early September for the FCC to approve its new Spectacles since they use Bluetooth Low Energy and WiFi. The FCC granted authorization for the new glasses on Monday, several days after Business Insider first published a leaked video of the finished product.
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise