Five takeaways from the Forbes India Rich List
The annual extravaganza that all Indian businessmen wait for with bated breath but pretend they don’t and everyone else who want to disappoint themselves at the heights everyone but him are reaching, is here.
Forbes just announced its 2015 list of India’s 100 Richest People and we at Business Insider give you the five important takeaways from the contents of the list that everyone is talking about-
Mukesh Ambani’s net worth stands at a whopping $18.9 million, followed by Sun Pharma’s Dilip Shanghvi coming in second whose net worth stands at $18 million. Wipro’s Azim Premji retains his third spots with a net worth calculated at $15.9 billion
2. Flipkart’s Sachin and
Making their presence felt for the first time at the 86 th spot, they are also the youngest on the list. Their estimated net worth stands at $1.3 billion.
3. Brijmohan Lall Munjal proves that old is definitely gold: The owner and founder of Hero Motocorp (Hero group of companies) ranked 27 in the list, at the ripe age of 92. If anything, he definitely proves that old is gold. And, a lot of it that too, considering his net worth is estimated at a staggering $3 billion.
4. W elcome the newcomers: This year, the list features atleast 12 newcomers including the Flipkart co-founders and Indigo co-founder Rakesh Gangwal (picture above) who had debuted at the 70 th spot with a net worth of $ 1.6 billion ahead of his company’s IPO.
5. Meet the women with the moolah: Last but not the least, this year’s list also had as many as four businesswomen being featured on it. The notable two are sixty-five year old Savitri Jindal (picture above), of Jindal Steel & Power Limited was ranked at 23, with an estimated net worth of $3.8 billion and seventy-nine year old Indu Jain, current chairperson of India’s largest media group, Bennet Coleman & Co Ltd at the 57 th spot, with a net worth of $ 1.9 billion
Apart from these, the top 10 featured the usual suspects, i.e.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services