French threw up a nasty surprise
This is below economic forecasts of a 0.5% expansion.Meanwhile, manufacturing production contracted 1.1% year-on-year, much lower than the expected 1.2% rise. It's France's worst industrial contraction since 2014.
Germany's Economy Ministry remained positive, saying the export figures suggested things were looking up:"The industrial sector has overcome its foreign trade related weak phase of the second half of 2015," it said. "The economic trend in the industrial sector is currently pointing upward."
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore