Gene Wilder, star of 'Willy Wonka,' has died at 83
The two-time Oscar nominee also starred in four films alongside stand-up icon Richard Pryor.Wilder is known best for his collaboration with director Mel Brooks on "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein."
Wilder was married to "Saturday Night Live" star Gilda Radner. However, two years after their marriage, Radner was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She died in 1989 at age 42.There is no word yet on Wilder's cause of death.
- Supreme Court refuses to entertain contempt plea over non-payment of salaries to doctors
- Fourth round of farmer negotiations kicks off with union ministers Piyush Goyal and Narendra Singh Tomar at the helm
- Jharkhand is the only state holding out against the Indian government's suggested formula on GST compensation
- PhonePe raises $700 million at a $5.5 billion valuation, will operate as a separate entity
- The mascot for Indian masala is no more — some pics that take you on a trip through the icon’s journey