Global footprint requirement forces IITs to hire faculty from foreign shores
The Human Resource Development recently released the list of best Indian universities for this year, and the list of Top 10 Engineering institutes in India is filled with
Needless to say, the relatively younger IITs, having secured places in the list, are now looking at ways to boost their academic brand in the best way possible, for which they have identified a target area of bringing in world class faculty.
For this, the IITs are looking forward to hiring faculty from foreign countries. For example,
While hiring, the institutes would focus on Indian students doing a post doctoral in reputed engineering schools abroad. After interviewing probable candidates, they might even issue an appointment letter then and there.
AdvertisementFor the best hiring process, the hiring teams from IIT Ropar would have its Director and Dean, three external experts from IISc, IIT, Delhi, and IIT, Roorkee.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year