Google made a 'Star Trek'-inspired wearable - and then killed it
Singhal told TIME that he had "always wanted the pin" that Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the character played by Patrick Stewart, wore in the series and so Google built it. "You just ask it anything and it works. That's why we were like, 'Let's go prototype that and see how it feels,'" he said.The device, which has never been discussed publicly, was activated with a single tap and could be used to give voice commands to an Android phone.
According to TIME, Google regularly cites "Star Trek" and the film "Her" as its goal for building wearables that are activated purely by voice.
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore