Google's CEO made over $100 million in 2015
Google CEO Sundar Pichai made $100.5 million in 2015, according to a regulatory filing released on Tuesday.
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 14% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
The filing revealed Pichai was paid a salary of $652,500, awarded restricted stock worth $99.8 million (which will vest fully in 2017), and given "other" compensation of $22,935.
Last February, Google awarded Pichai $199 million in restricted stock, which was the biggest grant reported by a Google CEO, according to Bloomberg.
Prior to that, Pichai led Chrome and Android.
In 2004, Pichai joined Google as its VP of product management, where he led the team working on Google's Chrome browser and operating system.
In September 2008, Pichai oversaw the successful launch of the Chrome web browser, and less than a year later, the web-based Chrome operating system for netbooks and desktop computers.
A year later, Pichai was put in charge of Android after Android co-founder and CEO Andy Rubin stepped down in March 2013.
Throughout his time at Google, Pichai has developed a sterling reputation for being well-liked, leading Recode's Kara Swisher to call his recent promotion "a definitive case of nice guys finish first."
Additional reporting by Steven Tweedie and Madeline Stone.
NOW WATCH: Google just opened an internet store in Cuba
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report