HTC's New Smartphone Looks Like It's Going To Be Another Flop
HTC's new One may be the best Android smartphones on the market, but the Taiwanese smartphone maker is still struggling to step out of Samsung's shadow in the North American smartphone market.
HTC's smartphones only account for 8.4% of Web traffic coming from Android handsets in North America, online advertising network Chitika Insights reports.This is only a sliver of Samsung's percentage in this area. The Korea-based smartphone maker commands 61.7% of Android smartphone Web traffic in the United States and Canada. Basically, this means there are way more people using Android phones made by Samsung than any other electronics vendor.
The report also found that adoption of HTC's new One is lower than its predecessor after its first week of availability. The company's new flagship only accounts for 0.1 percent of HTC's Web traffic, while the previous generation One was responsible for 1 percent of Web traffic coming from its devices one week following its launch. The company's One smartphones combined account for 40 percent of Web traffic coming from HTC's devices, Chitika also found.
This is bad for HTC. While its phone has been critically acclaimed, it has failed to connect with consumers. The new HTC One looks a lot like last year's HTC phone, so it's hard to believe much is going to change.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry