Social Media Series: Here’s everything you need to know about stimulating user generated content
One of the biggest challenges in your online social media strategy is to get your guests to start contributing online. This step in your DIY social media masterplan, is the step that primarily distinguishes social media from old-world media like
1. Choose sensible handles
Handles is the name of your business’s online account, that reflects the name of our business. For example @juhu.bar may be the handle for the imaginary watering hole Juhu Bar. So the first order of business is to make sure your handles are standardised across platforms, to save post space. Let not your Twitter handle say @bangalorebites while your
2. Communicate your tags, hashtags and online addresses
Once your online labels are created, make sure that people know your online handles, and that they can check in. Ensure your chosen hashtags and handles are easy to find, either in the menu, or on tent cards, printed on the walls or on waiter t-shirts. Whatever element you choose, just make sure that this is communicated in the first place.
3. Give your customer a reason to upload
Some businesses don’t need any more reason than the just service that they provide. People are excited to be there and just telling people that they are there is reason enough to upload photographs, videos or tags. However, most businesses do not enjoy this, whether they admit it to themselves or not. So think about how your business can give you customers a reasons to upload content. Some examples to kick off the thinking would be: A vineyard in
4. Leveraging physical spaces
5. Aggregate and reward existing uploaders
Give away exciting freebies to some of the people that have taken the initiative to upload and praise you online. Put some of these online evangelists on a pedestal and appreciate them for appreciating you hardwork. It’s important to not let this slide. If there is too much praise, then pick one favourite guest a week, or month.
- Atletico's Costa could face 6-month sentence for tax fraud
- 2,682 new coronavirus cases in Maha, 116 deaths, 8,381 recover
- 302 new COVID-19 cases in Pune, district count reaches 7,314
- Highest single-day jump of 217 COVID-19 cases in Hry, total tally 1,721
- COVID-19 cases in Ahmedabad district go up by 253 to 11,597