Here are the 10 biggest healthcare startups that have shut down and taken hundreds of millions of investors' money with them
- Not every healthcare startup that manages to raise tens or hundreds of millions ends up working out, for one reason or another.
- Theranos, Drugstore.com, and sleep-tracker Hello are among the healthcare startups that have closed down in the past five years.
- Here are 10 of the biggest healthcare startups that haven't panned out in the past few years, as highlighted by CB Insights.
When Theranos, the beleaguered blood-testing company that's now the subject of a book, documentaries, and a podcast, closed its doors in 2018, it joined a crop of healthcare startups that ultimately didn't live up to investors' lofty expectations.
While none had the spectacular fall from grace that Theranos had, healthcare startups that raised tens of millions or even hundreds of millions from investors in the past five years have ultimately decided to close their doors for one reason or another.
Here are 10 of the biggest healthcare startups that haven't panned out in the past few years, as highlighted by CB Insights.
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Apple could be looking to increase production in India but its geopolitical tension with China might hinder the process, says analyst
- To help fight water scarcity, a machine that produces drinking water from air has been launched in India
- Voltas records an unprecedented triple-digit growth in April '22
- Best moisturizers to keep skin soft and nourished