Here's Everything Google Knows About You
Google is extremely open about what data it stores and makes it very easy to delete that data, but many people still don't realize exactly what's being stored, whether that information is given freely or deduced based on your searches.A recent survey by the company Survata actually showed that the 2,500 respondents were more concerned about Google having access to their personal data than the NSA, their bosses, their parents, or their significant others:
In case you need the reminder...
If you have location history turned on, Google will track where you go.
Google will also track your search in a bunch of different categories if you have Search History turned on.Advertisement
It was actually pretty interesting to see what ads I've clicked on.
Google can serve you interest-based ads because it has a bunch of data about you, including your age, gender, languages you speak, and what it thinks your interests are.Advertisement
Some of my interests were on-point, but others felt pretty random. Dictionaries and encyclopedias?
Google also keeps track of what devices you use and when you were last active on them.Advertisement
Wanna know how many emails you've ever sent or contacts you have? Google keeps track of that too.
Ditto with your Google Talk contacts and purchases through Google Wallet.Advertisement
Google stores what apps use your info.
Now, for a different side of things...Advertisement
- K'taka health minister defends Covaxin, says it's safe
- Expert panel recommends Phase 1 trial of nasal Covid-19 vaccine (IANS Exclusive, Lead)
- Bombay High Court permits Sebamed ads targeting Dove with no changes and asks to put an end on Lux’s comparison with Rin
- Vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers must end: Govt
- Software firm Magenic is the third acquisition of Cognizant in January this year