Here's What You Can Earn Working At Goldman Sachs
And most reviled.
"'I'm going to Goldman,' is still about as close as it gets in the real world to 'I'm going to Harvard,'" said Michael Lewis, the firebrand financial writer.The prestige comes with outrageous dollar signs - think "better than half a million dollars in annual compensation, per worker," if you take Businessweek's word for it.
Still, what do you earn if you're not at the top of the Goldman pile? If you're in the middle? Or even at the bottom?
With those queries in mind, we sifted through Glassdoor's generous list of collected salaries to provide a glimpse into the pay for Goldman's 32,000 some employees.
According to Glassdoor, here are the average salaries for 15 positions at Goldman Sachs, in ascending order:
3. Financial Analyst: $68,794
5. Investment Banking Analyst: $78,957
7. Senior Business Analyst: $105,958
10. Team Manager: $118,367
11. Sales Associate: $124,717
13. Intermediate Research Associate: $172,249
14. Intermediate Finance Associate: $178,561
15. Vice President, Intermediate Research Associate: $193,559
A possible takeaway: If you really wanna get paid, start programming for Facebook.