Here's what happens to your body when you've been in virtual reality for too long
Darren Weaver/Business Insider
If you're anything like me, you've probably wondered how long you could hide from the real world in your virtual-reality (VR) headset, and questioned what would happen if you spent extended hours in the digital world.
The easy answers are: not very long, and very unpleasant things, respectively.
The complicated answer is that everyone experiences VR differently, and not all VR headsets or platforms are created equal, so certain games on certain headsets on certain people are going to cause more problems than others. The makers of the most popular VR headsets, the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, recommend taking "at least a 10 to 15 minute break every 30 minutes, even if you don't think you need it."
Here are a few things that can happen if you spend too much time in VR, and some hilarious videos to demonstrate:
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody