Here's what's inside Twitter's swag bag for new employees
Some of those benefits start as early as day one, according to Quartz, which compiled a list of the quirky ways tech companies welcome you on your first day of work.
Twitter, for example, gives each new employee a swag bag when they join the company. The bag includes a bottle of wine with Twitter's branding on it, as well as a tote bag, a T-shirt, a laptop sleeve, and a notebook.
There's also a week-long orientation called Flight School, in which Twitter CEO Dick Costolo and other executives get new employees excited about joining the company.
The first day ends with cookies, cupcakes, and champagne, according to Quartz.
Twitter is far from being the only tech company to offer freebies to new employees. New LinkedIn employees, for example, get a swag bag with a water bottle, a notebook, and a copy of LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman's book "The Startup of You."
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry