Only six of Google's earliest employees still work at the internet giant - and that includes Larry and Sergey.
Some early Google employees have gone on to become entrepreneurs, others angel investors, and a lucky few have gone on to become top executives at other tech companies. A few are happily retired.
In 2015, a Quora user compiled a list of all the original Googlers and where there careers have taken them. Of the first 21 employees, only six are still at the company. AdvertisementHere is what's become of the first 21 employees since launching their careers at Google.
Jillian D'Onfro contributed reporting on a previous version of this article.
21. Marissa Mayer joined Google as a software engineer. Now she is the CEO of Yahoo.
20. Kendra DiGirolamo joined Google as an ad sales coordinator and left three years before the IPO. Now she's at Driscoll's.
19. Larry Schwimmer was an early software engineer at Google. He introduced Snippets, a productivity system, to help Google manage employees during the company's explosive growth period. He also drove the launch of Google Moon, a Google Earth-like service that shows satellite photos of the moon.
18. Jim Reese was a former engineer at Google. He was once knocked out by a 200-pound metal beam in Google's leased data center.
17. Gerald Aigner was brought in to manage Google's supply costs. Now, he's in London being an "internet professional."
16. Susan Wojcicki is still at Google. She became CEO of YouTube in 2014.
15. Joan Braddi runs product partnerships for Google.
14. Chris Skarakis led Google's business development until May 2005. Now he is the founder of Blip.fm and he's on the board of Kanye West's Foundation.
13. Rachael Chambers left her job at Netscape to join Google as an executive assistant in May 1999.
12. Steve Schimmel also did business development for Google and was the company's 13th employee. Now he is "temporarily retired" and angel investing.
11. Omid Kordestani worked at Google for nearly 16 years before leaving to join Twitter.
10. Salar Kamangar is still at Google. He's senior VP of YouTube and Video.
9. Georges Harik joined Google as a software engineer and was one of three members on Google's initial engineering hiring committee. Now he's an angel investor, Google Ventures adviser, and the founder of a startup, imo.im.
8. Urs Hölzle remains at Google. He's senior VP of technical infrastructure.
7. Amit Patel is now a member of the coworking space Sunfire Offices. He and Paul Buchheit came up with Google's unofficial slogan, "Don't Be Evil."
6. Harry Cheung was an original Google engineer. Now he's an angel investor in startups like Caviar, Qwiki and Badgeville.
5. Ray Sidney was a software engineer at Google who left 18 months before the IPO.
4. Heather Cairns was an HR manager at Google. Now she's happily retired, dabbling in angel investing, and running a real estate development firm.
3. Craig Silverstein was Larry and Sergey's first hire. He left in 2012 to join the education startup Khan Academy.
2. Sergey Brin is a cofounder of Google and serves as the president of Google parent company, Alphabet.
1. Larry Page is the cofounder of Google and CEO of Alphabet.