Hillary Clinton loves the 'Chelsea's Mom' song that's going viral - but some are calling it sexist
A cover of "Stacy's Mom" that supports Hillary Clinton is racking up the views this morning after Clinton herself tweeted it last night - but some people are calling it sexist.A string quartet called Well-Strung recorded the song, called "Chelsea's Mom."Advertisement
And just like the Fountains of Wayne song it parodies, the chorus of the song is, "Chelsea's mom has got it going on."
But there's one line in particular that seems to be rubbing some people the wrong way.
Here's the video:
It started to go viral yesterday, but really blew up once Clinton tweeted it herself.
Chelsea Clinton is also a fan.Advertisement
But the repeated use of the refrain "she's sexy and she's strong" is prompting some to accuse the band of sexism.
Still, tweets in support of the video are outnumbering cries of sexism.Advertisement
Meanwhile, conservative publications seem to be rallying against the song on aesthetic grounds. The National Review summed up their reaction to the video with, "Yeah . . . no. No. No, no, no, no, no, no."
- Top stock movers — RIL, TCS, Sterling and Wilson Solar, Tata Steel, Airtel, Vodafone Idea and more
- Narendra Modi, Ayushmann Khurrana, and Ravindra Gupta are the Indians on the TIME’s 100 most influential people of 2020
- Bilkis – the ‘dadi from Shaheen Bagh’ is now one of the world’s most influential people
- Strategy behind Britannia Cheese’s 300% growth in online sales between April and August 2020
- Facebook India Head goes to Supreme Court against Delhi Assembly Panel's summons on 'hate speech'