Honda recalling another 340,000 cars! Something's very wrong here
Details for recalls elsewhere were not immediately available, a Honda spokesman said.
Takata is at the centre of a recall of tens of millions of cars around the world for potentially deadly air bag inflators that could deploy with too much force and spray metal fragments inside vehicles. Regulators have linked six deaths to the component so far, all on Honda's cars.
Honda had just expanded its Takata-related recalls by nearly 5 million cars earlier this month after its own investigations found two new problems with inflators it had retrieved for sampling. The root cause of the defect is unknown.
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah