How Qatar Got So Rich So Fast [PHOTOS]
While Venezuela, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, and others have fallen victim to the resource curse, when an abundance of resources leads to economic distortions and limited growth, Qatar has done much to reinvest energy money and diversify its economy. Support from the U.S. as well as decades of proven reserves have also fostered stability.The tiny peninsula has the highest per-capita GDP in the world at $98,800 - and even that number may vastly understate the actual wealth of Qatar's 280,000 citizens. Qatar has enough money to build a huge metropolis in the desert and to win the right to host the 2022 World Cup, allegedly through millions of dollars in bribes.Advertisement
We've gathered photos to tell the incredible story of Qatar.
- Highest single-day spike of 396 COVID-19 cases in Bengal; 10 more die of disease
- Assam: 3 arrested in looting, poaching cases
- District judge of Rohini court tests positive for COVID-19
- 8 nurses working at pvt hospital in Delhi test positive for COVID-19
- Six more test positive for COVID-19 in Arunachal