How much money did Paytm, Mobikwik, and Freecharge make from demonetization?
E-wallet companies like
According to an Assocham-RNCOS joint study, the mobile payment transaction volume is likely to register a compounded growth rate of over 90 percent to reach 153 billion by FY 2021-22. This is against only 3 billion transactions in FY 2015-16.
Mobile payment transaction value in India is also likely to register over 150% CAGR and cross Rs 2,000 trillion by FY 2021-22 from just over Rs 8 trillion as of FY 2015-16 Indian M-wallet market study said.
ALSO READ: Demonetization effect: You can book a helper to stand in ATM lines for Rs 90 with this start-up
With over one billion mobile subscribers, mobile banking segment contributed the largest share of 49% in Indian mobile payment market with over 386 million transactions worth Rs 4,000 billion in FY 2015-16, with the majority being money transfers, the study noted.
Another new payment system, UPI, is yet to be supported by most supermarkets and retail stores even though
Popular on BI
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World