How to block specific phone numbers or all unknown callers on your Samsung Galaxy phone
- You can block all unknown callers and add specific phone numbers to the blocked numbers list on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- To block a phone number on your Samsung Galaxy, open the Settings menu in the Phone app and choose the option for Block numbers.
- To make entering numbers easier, you can copy phone numbers from the Recent calls list in the Phone app and paste them into the Block numbers list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Your Samsung Galaxy makes it easy to block phone numbers from telemarketers or other undesirable callers.
You can block all calls from private numbers and block specific numbers as well.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block a number on a Samsung Galaxy1. Start the Phone app.
2. Tap the three dots at the top right of the screen and then tap "Settings."
3. Tap "Block numbers."
4. If you want to block all unknown callers, tap the button beside "Block unknown callers" to slide it to the right.
5. To block a specific phone number, enter the number in the "Add phone number" field. If you've copied the number from the Phone app (see the section below), tap in the field and tap "Paste" from the pop-up.
6. Tap the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
That number is now added to the list of blocked numbers and will no longer ring on your phone.
How to copy a phone number from a Samsung Galaxy's Phone app
If you want to block a phone number from a call you recently received, you can copy the number to the clipboard and paste it into your blocked numbers.
1. Start the Phone app.
2. In the Recents tab, tap the phone number you want to block.
3. Tap the small "i" on the right side of the entry for that phone number.
4. Tap and hold the phone number at the top of the screen, then tap "Copy" when the pop-up appears.
You can then repeat the steps indicated above to block that number on your Samsung Galaxy.