How to hang curtains, and all the tools you need to do it
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
View all Offers
- 20% OFF
Victorinox Nylon 65 cms Grey Softsided Check-in Luggage (605410)₹ 27713₹ 34640Buy On
- 62% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 77 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 77 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 3699₹ 9675Buy On
- 61% OFF
American Tourister Ivy Polypropylene 68 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (FO1 (0) 09 002)₹ 3069₹ 7900Buy On
- 63% OFF
Kamiliant by American Tourister KAM Kiza Polypropylene 79 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (KAM KIZA SP 79CM - BLACK)₹ 3630₹ 9690Buy On
- 60% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 65 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 67 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 2999₹ 7535Buy On
- Many people are intimidated by the process of hanging curtains, but with the right tools and a step-by-step guide, it's actually quite easy.
- We enlisted the help of an expert interior designer to help guide you through the process.
- We also include a complete list of all the tools you need to get the job done right.
- Here's how to hang curtains and the tools you need to do it.
But where to begin? Hanging curtains is not all that complicated, but you do need a plan and the right tools. To help, we asked an expert, interior designer Noel Gatts, owner and principal designer of beam&bloom interiors to take us through the process step by step.
Here are the steps you'll need to take to hang curtains:
- Pick out curtains and rods
- Install brackets
- Install the curtains and rods
Here's a list of the tools you need to hang curtains:
- Curtains: Pottery Barn, Bed Bath & Beyond, West Elm, Home Depot, Crate + Barrel, Target
- Curtain rods: Decopolitan End Cap Curtain Rod
- Step ladder: Rubbermaid RM-3W Folding 3-Step Stepladder
- Tape measure: QuickDraw DIY Self Marking Measuring Tape
- Level: Empire True Blue Professional Torpedo Level
- Drill: DeWalt 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill/Driver
- Stud finder: Ryobi LED Whole Stud Detector
Keep scrolling to learn how to hang curtains quickly and easily.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Measure
Step 2: Pick out curtains, rods, and hardware
Step 3: Install brackets
Step 4: Install the curtains and rods
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions