How to restart your Fitbit Alta in 3 simple steps to fix issues with the device
- You can restart your Fitbit Alta when it won't work properly to help make the device fully functional again.
- Unlike other Fitbit trackers, you can't reset the Alta to its factory settings. Restarting your Fitbit Alta won't erase your data, so if you want to wipe your data, you'll have to disconnect it from your Fitbit account.
- Restarting a Fitbit Alta requires using an official Fitbit charger, so if you need to replace the power cable, make sure you don't buy a third-party brand.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Your Fitbit Alta should seamlessly pair with your phone and computer. If your Alta is having pairing issues, it's running sluggishly, or the screen isn't displaying properly, then a restart is the best way to get the Alta working properly again.
Restarting a Fitbit Alta won't erase your data. In fact, it's impossible to wipe information off the tracker, except by linking it to a new Fitbit account. So don't worry about losing any data when you restart your Alta.
And note that to restart a Fitbit Alta, you need to have an official Fitbit Alta charging cable. Only official Alta chargers have the button you use to reset the device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to restart the Fitbit Alta
1. Clip the Alta's charger onto the device using the pair of clamps, and make sure the battery icon appears on screen, meaning it's charging.
2. Press the button on the charging cable (found near the USB plug) three times, pausing for about a second between pushes, and make sure to complete all three presses within eight seconds.
3. You should see the Fitbit logo appear on the screen and feel a gentle vibration. Once you do, disconnect the Alta from the charger.
Once you see the logo and feel the vibration, it means your Alta has restarted.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Fitbit stock price here.
NOW WATCH: Here's how noise-cancelling headphones work
- India’s defence exports boosted investor wealth of this stock by 75% in 2022
- Now, a smart SIP that alters your monthly installment as per market valuation
- Adani Wilmar’s Angshu Mallick on edible oil prices, rural consumption patterns and outlook for Q2FY23
- WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Tata Motors acquires Ford’s manufacturing plant in Gujarat for ₹726 crore