How to tip in 24 countries around the world
In the US, it's customary to tip servers at least 15% at both bars and restaurants.
But that's not always the case in the rest of the world. In Japan, for example, it's considered rude to tip and doing so might cause some awkward confusion.To avoid these kinds of situations, take a look at the infographic below so you'll know just how much to leave behind - if anything - the next time you're enjoying a meal or a drink abroad.
Samantha Lee / Business Insider
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine
- Wuhan authorities now find Covid-19 on imported frozen food
- From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Chennai volunteer for SII's Covid vaccine claims Rs 5 cr compensation for health complications
- ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy