How to view Instagram Stories on your computer
At the start of August, Instagram launched "Stories" - a new feature that is basically a direct rip-off of Snapchat's own "Stories" section.
The feature - just like Snapchat's - lets the user save a series of short photos and videos that can be viewed by their followers, and disappear after 24 hours.The feature is live in the app, but right now, there's no way to view Stories if you visit Instagram's desktop site, Instagram.com ... officially, that is.Advertisement
A new extension for Google's Chrome web browser, developed by Alec Garcia, introduces the feature to the app's website.
It's dead simple to use: Just add it to Chrome via the extensions page on the Chrome Web Store (it's free). Then head on over to Instagram.com, and Stories will appear above the standard stream of photos, just like in the mobile app.Tap on one to view it, then the arrow keys go back and forth, while escape exits out of the Story.
Here's how it looks:
- It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November