I used AmazonFresh to order groceries to my door next-day - here's how the service works
- AmazonFresh is Amazon's grocery delivery service, which Prime members in select cities can add to their Prime membership for $14.99 per month.
- I tried ordering my groceries through AmazonFresh. Overall, prices were typically cheaper than my most convenient local options and items were on par with or exceeded the quality of what I've bought in person locally. Unfortunately, one item was missing from my delivery, but I received a fast and easy refund.
- You can start your 30-day trial here, or keep reading about my review the service.
AmazonFresh allows you to shop for groceries online directly, as long as it's available in your city. You can make selections from local shops and supermarkets, picking up everything from household supplies to fresh tomatoes in the following categories: produce, perishables, grocery (snacks, canned foods, pantry staples), beverages, household, personal care items, and specialty stores (think: local markets, plant-based options, organics, and new product arrivals, etc.).After your free 30-day trial, it's $14.99 per month (which gets tacked on to the cost of your Prime membership). Once you've signed up, you can begin shopping for fresh produce, meats, and groceries for delivery either same day or the very next day.
There are a few AmazonFresh delivery options:
- Attended delivery is available in all cities where AmazonFresh is available. You choose a one-hour time slot when you'll be available to receive your order in person, and you'll get them delivered in paper bags rather than temperature-controlled totes. If you're not around, the Amazon delivery person can also leave it with your doorman or security guard if that's an option. You can leave other instructions when completing your order on the preview order page.
- Doorstep delivery is also available everywhere AmazonFresh is available. Choose a two-three hour time slot that works for your schedule, and Amazon will leave your items on your doorstep in temperature-controlled totes. Unfortunately, if your building has a secure entry or limited access, you shouldn't choose this option. You can also leave special instructions when you order if they won't be able to access your doorstep.
- Free delivery is available on both attended delivery and doorstep delivery if you meet the local pre-tax minimum, which ranges from $35-$50 depending on the area. Orders under the local free-shipping threshold (before tax) will have a $9.99 delivery fee applied at checkout. If you meet the minimum, free shipping is automatically added at checkout.
- Pickup is available to Prime members in select cities at no additional cost and without an order minimum. Prime members in participating cities can choose a pickup location as their AmazonFresh account address, then reserve a time slot.
If you already submitted your order and would like to change delivery dates and times afterward, you can edit them through Order Details up until it starts processing. And if anything you ordered doesn't show up, you can request a refund from customer service in a process that lasts about 10 minutes beginning to end.