IBM is battling hard to save Vodafone’s $1-billion outsourcing deal
It’s still three months for the telecom major
One of IBM's largest telecom contracts in Asia, the contract is set to expire in June end, which is why the company is aggressively chasing a renewed contract even if they have to sacrifice some margins.
"Even if IBM does retain most of the contract, the renewed deal will come at the cost of margins. They are being forced to fight on price as well," said one of the sources. As of now, Vodafone hands out $190-200 million of annual business to IBM.
When contacted via email, an IBM spokeswoman said that the company "does not comment on rumour and/or speculation nor do we comment on client confidential contracts".
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021