IIT Kharagpur scientists are developing tools so your train travel can be far safer than what it is today
Through its Research Design and Standards Organisation, the Railways had awarded 12 research projects to the IIT’s Centre for Railway Research recently in the area of analysis and design of rolling stock, infrastructure, operations and maintenance. The breakthrough has come in one of these projects.
Meanwhile, several of the products and technologies are being field tested at various facilities of Indian Railways apart from lab testing at IIT Kharagpur. The next step would be to further develop the products and technologies with an industrial partner for production, the experts said.
Innovations are not a new thing at IITs. Recently, a couple of software have been developed in IIT Kharagpur aimed at revolutionizing the way in which the disabled persons can cope up with day-to-day activities. In simple terms, buying vegetables from the market or composing poetry will just be a touch on the smart device away.
Softwares ‘Akash Baani’ and ‘Sanyog’ will help them express their feelings by touching icons on the screen, which will then create sentences, and further be translated into voice messages.
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions