IIT Kharagpur scientists are developing tools so your train travel can be far safer than what it is today
Through its Research Design and Standards Organisation, the Railways had awarded 12 research projects to the IIT’s Centre for Railway Research recently in the area of analysis and design of rolling stock, infrastructure, operations and maintenance. The breakthrough has come in one of these projects.
Meanwhile, several of the products and technologies are being field tested at various facilities of Indian Railways apart from lab testing at IIT Kharagpur. The next step would be to further develop the products and technologies with an industrial partner for production, the experts said.
Innovations are not a new thing at IITs. Recently, a couple of software have been developed in IIT Kharagpur aimed at revolutionizing the way in which the disabled persons can cope up with day-to-day activities. In simple terms, buying vegetables from the market or composing poetry will just be a touch on the smart device away.
Softwares ‘Akash Baani’ and ‘Sanyog’ will help them express their feelings by touching icons on the screen, which will then create sentences, and further be translated into voice messages.
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%