IPL Auction: Pawan Negi trumps Yuvraj Singh as the costliest Indian player at Rs 8.5 crore!
Pawan Negi, who has just been named in the Indian team for the World T20 and is known to hit big sixes apart from his accurate wicket-to-wicket bowling, had a base price of only Rs 30 lakh.
The 23-year-old was likely to fetch way beyond that amount when the eight franchises bid for players of their choice, today.
And, that is exactly what happened.
Rising from the obscurities, Negi was bought at a whopping Rs 8.5 crore by Delhi Daredevils. The jump to Rs 8.5 crore from his meagre base price of Rs 30 lakh is certainly mindboggling, but not more than the fact that he now becomes the costliest Indian player to be sold at the
Yuvraj Singh who had a base price of Rs 2 crore was predicted to be a hot pick before the auction started and understandbly so, he was sold for Rs 7 crore to Sunrisers Hyderabad!
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar