IT giants like Infosys, TCS want to pull off a deal worth Rs 125 crore with Paytm for its payments bank
IT giants like
The bidding of contracts has happened and according to Paytm’s co-founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, the contracts will be allotted in the next one week.
"Internally, we were changing the (launch) date with the intention that by June we should pull it off, but July will also get covered because there's so much technology implementation happening," Sharma told ET.
He told the financial daily Oracle, Infosys and TCS are in the running for core banking services for payments, while Wipro and TCS are in the fray for being the system integrator.
Paytm is going all way out for its payments bank and had recently appointed Shinjini Kumar, a former senior executive at consultancy PwC, as the CEO of the payments bank.
Payments banks can accept demand deposits and savings bank deposits from individuals and small businesses up to a maximum of Rs 1 lakh per account.
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024