In A Blow To Windows 8, Research Firm Drops Estimates For How Many Laptops With Touchscreens Will Be Sold This Year
That's bad news for
This is just the latest in a handful of bad reports on the PC industry from IDC. In May, IDC said PC shipments were down 14% year over year. Part of the problem is that consumers are buying cheaper tablets like the iPad instead of upgrading their regular PCs.
To be fair to PC makers, supplies of touch panels were lower than expected, so most PCs were still made with regular screens.
- Odisha's COVID-19 tally crosses 9,000-mark, death toll rises to 36
- Delhi gets 10,000-bed COVID care centre; LG says it will play crucial role in fight against pandemic
- Rural markets faring better than urban centres amid coronavirus pandemic: Maruti Suzuki
- COVID-19: Six fresh fatalities in Rajasthan
- Puducherry coronavirus tally shoots up to 946 with 43 new cases