In a sudden move A M Naik steps down as IIMA chairman
Much to the surprise of the academic circles,
Naik was the first chairman directly appointed by
"Naik brought in better collaboration between the academia and corporate sectororate sector together," an IIMA official told ET on conditions of anonymity. Naik has also been rooting for better compensation packages to attract good quality and global faculty.
Naik is adored especially for his contributions towards the growth of IIMA. During his first three-year term as the chairman of IIMA, he convinced Ashish Nanda to leave the Harvard Law School and take charge of IIMA as its first overseas director in the institute's 52 year old history. This earned him a second term as it was a battle against government bureaucracy and he won.
(Image credits: indiatimes)
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise
- AISAM likely to take key decisions on Air India divestment on Saturday