India Japan Teaming Up To Work On Cyber Security, Green ICT
Further strengthening ties between India and Japan, the two countries will soon work together in areas of
“Ministry for Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) in India and
It further added that under these two fields, the two countries will work in five specific areas, which will include: Green Mobile Base Station project; ICT for Disaster Management; ICT Use in disaster-affected areas project; ICT Application for Social and Economic Challenges; and National ID Application and Utilization Platform project. Also, both India and Japan will focus on Japan-India Combat Spam project, Cooperative project for detecting symptoms and planning quick response to cyber attacks.
“The two countries also decided to further discuss development of standards in the field of ICT, for future cooperation. Further, India had also offered Japan to manufacture ICT equipment in India by taking advantage of new conducive environment for manufacturing in India,” added the ministry.
The India-Japan Joint Working Group will meet in Tokyo next year to discuss and further work towards implementation of these projects.
- Serum Institute may begin human trials of Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate from August 25
- HDFC Bank's Aditya Puri believes Sashidhar Jagdishan is the 'worthiest person' to succeed him
- How performance marketing is reinventing ROI?
- WeWork gets a new $1.1 billion cheque from SoftBank while it attempts resurrection – its India franchise is now offering discounts and a global all-access pass
- Supreme Court holds Prashant Bhushan guilty of Contempt of Court — punishment to be announced on August 20