India To Play Key Role In IBM Revival, Says CEO
"If you are uncomfortable with what's going on in IBM, that's how I want you to stay. That's the only way we will transform this company together," an employee recalled her as saying.
Rometty, who landed in Bangalore in a private jet, had dinner with a select group of women executives of the company on May 6. The following day, she addressed a town hall meeting where the top 100 IBM employees from India were present.
After eight successive quarters of fall in revenues, Rometty is under pressure from investors.
The contribution of emerging markets, including that of India, is likely to be about 30% of its revenues by 2015. At present, they contribute about 23%.
This was Rometty’s third visit to India after assuming office as IBM's CEO in 2012, highlighting India’s importance in her game plan.
"IBM's senior management was here to reinforce the strategy and imperatives with the team in India.
Rometty discussed her plan to set up a new Cloud data centre in Bangalore in order to keep off rivals like
"Surprisingly, unlike her last visit when she met top customers including
"One notable exception was that no senior executive involved with IBM India's biggest client –
Popular on BI
- India's 'FIA Global' pivotal to Nepal's growing GDP in 2022
- Indian government is softening the inflation blow with export bans, duty cuts and subsidies
- Artificial intelligence has helped in developing a drug that can cure COVID-19 patients
- Key facts about Texas mass shooting incident and America’s complex love affair with guns
- Sandalwood smuggler Veerappan's elder brother dies of cardiac arrest
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction