India ranked as the most vacation-deprived country in the world: Survey
- Travel agency
Expedia’s annual Vacation Deprivation Report2018 has ranked India as the most vacation deprived country globally. The report has shown that over 75% Indians feel vacation deprived as work dominates.
- Only 3% of Indians go on a vacation every month while over one-third of the population goes without a vacation for six months to a year.
- Half the Indians strongly feel that taking a break is actually effective and should be considered seriously as it improves productivity and helps reduce stress.
According to Expedia’s annual Vacation Deprivation Report 2018 as reported by Financial Express, nearly 41% of Indians wished to go on a vacation but haven’t been on a holiday in last six months due to
After India, South Korea and Hong Kong were the most vacation deprived at 72% and 69% respectively. The survey was conducted across 19 countries surveying over 11,000 employed adults above 18 years of age. It was conducted online from 19-28 September across Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and South America.
The survey showed that about 24% Indians can't afford a holiday while have many a preference for a longer holiday. The results reflect the prevailing perception for many Indians (18%) is that professionally successful people don’t take
However, more than half the Indians strongly feel that taking a break is actually effective and should be considered seriously as it improves productivity and has health benefits.
The survey also reported that Indian workers were bothered by their co-workers and other staff, and sidetracked by work obligations even while they were on vacation.
In terms of occupations, workers in the food & beverages, heath, and retail industries were found to be most vacation deprived while those employed in the real estate sector were least deprived, TOI reported.
More Indians have left the country as its economy has grown: Report
Fed up of pollution, more than 35% of residents in India’s capital say they want to move out permanently: Survey
RANKED: The 18 cheapest beach holiday destinations in Europe
- Mubadala to buy 1.85 pc stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 9093.6 cr
- 20 DMRC staff have tested positive for COVID-19 till date: Sources
- COVID-positive man dies, daughter says 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital
- Four more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, ten recover
- COVID-19 cases cross 2,000-mark in Assam