Indian cos net Rs 3 lakh crore in H1 FY16
Indian companies have bagged close to Rs 3 lakh crore in the first half of the current fiscal.
An analysis of funds showed that companies have net fresh capital totaling Rs 2,90,470 crore through equity and debt. Over Rs 2.44 lakh crore came from debt, while a mere Rs 46,197 crore through equity.
In the equity segment, money was raised mainly through the preferential route (Rs 20,874 crore) followed by qualified institutional placements (Rs 12,658 crore), rights issue (Rs 7,760 crore) and initial public offers (Rs 4,904 crore).
In the debt market, companies bagged over Rs 2.43 lakh crore through debt placement, while public issuance of debt securities accounted for just Rs 1,553 crore.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Garmin launches new smartwatch 'Lily' starting at ₹20,990 in India
- Google rolls out Android 12 developer preview 1.1 to address bugs and issues
- IPL to start on April 9 and final to be held on May 30, says BCCI
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021