EXCLUSIVE- India’s Biggest Free Public Wi-Fi Network Provider Reveals How They Make It Work
India is one of the fastest growing Internet markets in the world with the projected data demand to increase by 400% by the year 2020.
However, we have one of the lowest internet penetration rates in the world with only around 35% of the population having access to Internet services and a mere 7% having access to fixed-line broadband connections.
We, therefore, need a low-cost solution to cater to the huge data demand that exists. Public Wi-Fi
ALSO READ: This Indie Musician Turned An Ola Cab Driver For A Day
Ozone in its business plan aims to establish an extensive network of neutral public Wi-Fi hotspots that provides connectivity to a majority of users who cannot afford a per month plan for a home broadband connection.
But, giving it all away for free, surely can't be a viable business model. So how do they make it work? Sarin says, “We aim to use Wi -Fi as a means of
Public wi-fi in India is currently very limited in its reach and quality, hopefully, these tie-ups can result in making the user fully-connected, which looks like a distant dream.
Advertisement(Image courtesy- NASA)
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official