India’s North East internet bandwidth would come via Bangladesh
As a part of the project an international
"This project will resolve telecom connectivity issue to a great extent in North Eastern states. At present we provide connectivity from Chennai via Kolkata to North East. This will be now a short route cable between Cox Bazar cable landing station in Bangladesh to Aagartala through Akhaura," Prasad told reporters.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 19.1 Crores and annual expense for operation is around Rs 7.2 Crores.
"We will get bandwidth of 10 Gbps which can be extended up to 40 Gbps," the minister added.
The project is expected to be commissioned by January 2016.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
- Mexico's COVID deaths pass 30,000, world's 5th highest total
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311